Saturday, July 25, 2020

Day 1

Well, here we go...it's Day 1!

I woke up this morning at 5:15, thinking, no one knows I'm doing this, and no one knows that today is my start day, so maybe I should just go back to sleep.  I'm tired, and this is going to be hard, and another day to process and plan won't make a difference.  So I did go back to sleep...but I set the alarm for 6:30, and when it went off, I got up and went out for a walk, and when I came inside, I lifted weights until my 45 minutes were up.  First workout completed!  I am now drinking my first bottle of water for the day.

The diet component of this will be the hardest for me for sure.  No chocolate for 75 days...really?!  It's going to be hard.  However, as Katie (runsforcookies) says, she thinks it may take a week or a little more, but then, she'll be in such a habit that she won't even think of quitting or cheating.  I hope that's the case for me.  Right now, I am sort of chocolated out, but how will I feel in a few days?  I'm not sure.

So I don't know exactly what I'm doing with my diet yet.  I'm not going to say that I'm going totally acid watcher, but I know that I need to watch my acid, so I am toying with the idea of looking up the pH values of everything before I eat it, and to just stick with foods that are above 5 or 6.  For today, my plan is to avoid what the 75 Hard says to avoid (alcohol, chocolate, cake, etc.).  I will also not be eating any fast food.  I have eaten so much fast food this past week, so it's time to take a break from that, anyway.

Here we go...this is Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment